WELCOME.

If you are a Catholic convert and would like to share with us, write to me at windyrdg@frontier.com. Peace & Blessings, Gail

Friday, April 20, 2012

On Becoming Catholic

Protestants (Protestors). I didn’t even know I was protesting.

As a teen, my spiritual journey led me to the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod. Then at age 39 to the Episcopal Church for over two decades. Although we were married in the Episcopal Church, my husband and I were disappointed in the direction the national Episcopal Church was headed. We went to visit Father Karl Schray at Holy Redeemer Catholic Parish in North Bend, Oregon and immediately realized that’s where we both belonged. 

I realize now that my lifelong path has brought me ever closer to God the Father, Creator of Heaven and Earth, to Jesus Christ, his only Son, and to the Holy Spirit. I’m very blessed and full of joy at finding the one true, universal church. I wish all Protestants would be able to return to the full richness of Catholicism. 

My spouse says, “why settle for a thin broth when you can have a hearty rich stew?” There may be salvation for Protestant Christians, but there is so much more available to us by following the paths of the great Saints. I am only just now beginning to learn from them.

Peace & Blessings until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment